Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Rip Van Warner is a Green Day fan!

I saw a clip of John Warner objecting to Harry Reid's all night session, saying "Why can't we just wait until September." It's not quite "Wake me when September ends", but close enough for this dumb blogger.

Since Sen. Warner is getting up in years, he may not be familiar with Green Day, even if they did play a song with U2 at the reopening of the Louisiana Superdome. So, just in case, here are some other lyrics he might like to adapt for use during the filibuster:

"Don't want to be an American Idiot"

"Sometimes I give myself the creeps"

"Welcome to Paradise"

The lyric that every time I hear makes me think it is one that resonates with grunts in Iraq:

"My shadow is the only one that walks beside me,
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating,
Sometimes I wish someone up there will find me,
'til then I walk alone."

Republicans are calling the all night session a stunt. Reid is right in pointing out that filibustering a vote on the war is a stunt. So was "Mission Accomplished". So is accusing those who want to change strategy (apparently now including Gen. Petraeus!) of demoralizing the troops and emboldening the enemy. Someone get these guys a new script, preferably with first line "I plead [not] guilty, your honor."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home